Sous Chef | The Dam, Denmark
Sea change opportunity with accommodation available for the right candidate.
*** ONLY 2 DINNERS PER WEEK! Situated on the Rainbow Coast in Denmark, Western Australia.
The Dam Denmark, home of Cannabis Botanical Distillery, is unique venue creating a new level of hospitality within The Great Southern region in Western Australia. We’re excited to bring seasonal, local Australian produce to life in a diverse menu that offers both casual shared dishes and set menu options.
Situated on Raintree estate; an 880-acre family-run farm producing black angus and wagyu beef, commercial hemp, acclaimed French black truffles and marron, The Dam uniquely showcases luxury farm produce and other local produce in a paddock to planet philosophy. In an exciting new project animals on the property are fed Cannabis and a new range of small goods and pantry products are in development.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team. The right candidate will enjoy:
- Competitive pay rates
- A secure and structured working environment
- The potential for career advancement, working in a nose to tail approach with exciting innovations around hemp fed Wagyu beef, marron and other livestock
- Only working two evening shifts within a week, with most of the venue’s services being lunch services.
- Accommodation for the right applicant may be provided.
What we’re looking for:
- Well-rounded Sous Chef in an A la carte and functions setting – 6 years experience preferred
- Strong planning, organisation, leadership and execution skills
- Commitment to high quality food preparation, presentation and hygiene standards
- Understanding of large scale kitchen operations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to respond to new initiatives, changing conditions and shifting priorities
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve results
- Sound decision making skills
- Strong team player
- Practice quality and cost control measures
- Available to work Sundays
The Dam Denmark is part of the bigger Raintree corporation; focused on providing experiences to highlight the incredible nature and produce from the region through global export marketing. A position within the Raintree family is a dynamic one with endless possibilities and opportunities to further develop your skill set.
Located on the Rainbow Coast, Denmark offers amazing opportunity to enjoy the natural surrounds of beautiful Karri forests, world-class beaches, great surf, and a supportive local community.
If you meet these requirements and are looking for an exciting new role for your career development, or a lifestyle change, we encourage you to apply!
- 6 years industry experience
- Available to work Sundays
- Cert IV Commercial Cookery